1. THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING MONIMOTO!
Thank You for purchasing Monimoto! We will do our best to help you secure your property. If you have any issues with Monimoto, please refer to support.monimoto.com
What’s in the box:
KEY FOB v3
2 RELEASABLE ZIP TIES
- 2x CR123A batteries
- 1x CR2450 battery
- Micro-sized international SIM card with 2 months of free GSM services within EU and US
2. BEFORE YOU START
The device can be used with iOS 9.3 or Android 5.0 devices and all subsequent operating systems. However, your smartphone must also have Bluetooth 4.0+ (BLE) functionality, as the connection between your phone and Monimoto device utilises this technology.
This is the Monimoto device packed with GSM, GPS, Bluetooth and other smart tech inside. It also contains micro-sized SIM card and two CR123A type batteries.
This unit is the brain of your smart alarm system with GPS tracking. It is intended to be placed inside your vehicle in order to track it down in case of theft.
This is a linked KEY FOB, which is kept with the owner and works on a proximity basis.
It should be kept with the owner (not anywhere inside or on the motorcycle) all the time. Monimoto KEY FOB is not supposed to be used as a key-chain and should be kept separate from your motorcycle keys – in your pocket or backpack. This will prevent you from loosing the linked KEY Fob in case your motorcycle keys are stolen.
Each Monimoto device can connect up to 3 KEY FOBs.
ATTENTION! IF THE KEY FOB IS CLOSED AND PLASTIC STRIP IS ALREADY REMOVED, SKIP STEPS 1-2
- Remove plastic strip- battery insulator.
- Firmly close cover till you hear a click
- The maximum range of the Bluetooth signal between your smartphone and the Monimoto unit is 50 m (~ 150 feet) in an open area.
- You can add up to 3 KEY FOBs to your Monimoto using the app at any time later within a radius of 10 m (~ 30 feet).
- If you have more than one vehicle, you can use the same KEY FOB for each of them.
- Monimoto is designed to search for satellites and provide accurate GPS position, but the GPS signal is generally weak inside buildings or in certain other specific areas. In such cases, Monimoto sends the approximate location using CellLocate technology.
- Each time Monimoto goes into Alarm mode, the battery drains faster, so avoid false alarms to save time..
- Battery life could be affected by the selection of the "Periodic Check". For example, if you want to see the location of Monimoto during daily updates by enabling the location.
3. HOW MONIMOTO WORKS
Monimoto has 2 main modes: Ready Mode and Alarm Mode.
IMPORTANT: The app uses the internet connection as the primary means of communicating with the device, so it is highly recommended to keep mobile data or Wi-Fi enabled on your phone at all times.
Please also note that Monimoto is not a "real time" device. It does not have a permanent connection with the GSM network. It is only when the Alarm mode is triggered that Monimoto connects to the GSM network. This method considerably saves Monimoto's energy.
3.1. READY MODE
Once you've gone through the setup wizard and successfully set up your device - the Monimoto app
start to display the status “READY”. This means that Monimoto is ready to detect any type of movement and
inform the owner if the KEY FOB is not there. You do not need to activate Monimoto in any other way.
RIDING A MOTORCYCLE
Monimoto also remains in Ready mode if owner has a KEY FOB while riding the motorcycle.
3.2. ALARM MODE
When Monimoto senses any type of motion, movement or vibration it will check if KEY FOB is around. If
KEY FOB is not found, the device will enter Alarm mode.
In alarm mode, Monimoto first calls the owner's number. It will call twice and after that it will send a notification to the Monimoto app when precise location data is received from the GPS or the approximate position of the GSM using CellLocate.
If you answer the first Monimoto call, it will not call a second time, which will speed up
delivery of Monimoto location data to the app. (Don't worry, you won't need to talk to your device
and make people believe that you are crazy. Just press the answer button and the call will end. This way
Monimoto will know you have been notified.)
By default you will get updates every 5-10 minutes in alarm mode while the movement lasts. Once
your Monimoto-equipped vehicle has stopped moving you will be updated every 30 minutes.
These two timelines illustrate how Monimoto behaves time-wise:
In case of poor signal or network data transmission problems in Alarm mode Monimoto sends SMS with map link to the owner when the device has stopped moving and stays in steady position for more than 5 minutes.
IMPORTANT: This device is optimized to work with mobile data sending push notifications in
case of alarm. Backup SMS is only as supplementary channel and has monthly limits as per
Terms & Service.
3.3. EXIT ALARM MODE
These are the 3 main condition for returning Monimoto back to the Ready mode:
- Exit Alarm with KEY FOB. Once the KEY FOB is detected within the 10m (~30ft) range, Monimoto will automatically return to Ready mode.
- Send to sleep by app. Sleep mode can only be entered from alarm mode when the user
manually chooses to put the device to sleep.
User can put Monimoto to sleep remotely for 1, 5 or 24
hours using the app. This action will deactivate Monimoto and you will not be able to bring it
back to Ready mode until the selected sleep period ends. After that it will return to the Ready
mode automatically, no action is required. This can be useful if you’ve gone for a ride but forgot
Monimoto KEY FOB at home and want to stop receiving the alerts and save battery life. Or if you gave
your motorcycle to a friend but.. forgot to give them the KEY FOB.
- Deactivate by app. You can only deactivate the Alarm mode by app when your phone is in
Bluetooth signal range.If you open the app and establish a Bluetooth connection with Monimoto
on the Settings tab - it goes into Ready mode and the Alarm mode ends.
4. PERIODIC CHECK
Monimoto regularly performs a battery check and updates status to your phone. If Monimoto encounters network issues or batteries are drained and periodic check cannot be performed you will be notified about that in the app.
The frequency of periodic check can be set using Monimoto app.
IMPORTANT: Frequent periodic checks speed up the drainage of Monimoto batteries so choose
this setting wisely or leave it at the default.
5. GETTING STARTED
Search “monimoto” in App Store or Google Play Store or click the button:
Download the Monimoto app and install it on your smartphone.
Run the Monimoto app and follow the on-screen step-by-step instructions that will guide through the
Once the setup process is complete, you should receive text messages from your
device. Be sure to add this number to your contacts with the appropriate name so that you
recognize it immediately in the event of an alarm.
After pairing hide and fix Monimoto using two zip ties in your vehicle.
6. WHERE TO INSTALL MONIMOTO
Monimoto is intended to be placed inside your vehicle in order to track it down in case of a theft. After
setting up and configuring your device hide it in your motorcycle or other vehicle.
Recommended Monimoto installation locations for your motorcycle:
IMPORTANT: Do NOT put Monimoto in an enclosed metal environment as radio waves cannot
travel through metal!
7. TESTING MONIMOTO
- Leave your KEY FOB at home.
- Switch off Bluetooth on your phone.
- Take your Monimoto-equipped vehicle for a test drive. Or simply do something to keep your bike moving it for at least 8 seconds.
- In approx. 1 minute you will receive a call from Monimoto device and soon after the call push-notification should arrive to the Monimoto app.
- Open the app and check whether it is showing the precise GPS or approximate GSM location.
- If you got the precise GPS location – put the device to sleep using the app to save batteries and go home to take the KEY FOB. Congratulations, your vehicle is now safe!
- In case you received an approximate location please re-install your Monimoto in a different spot inside your vehicle. Best satellite signal reception is achieved when GPS antenna is pointing upwards, or to the side. Never install Monimoto with the GPS antenna pointing to the ground or touching metal parts!
- Repeat the test drive until you get the precise GPS location.
IMPORTANT: Before testing Monimoto, make sure the KEY FOB is more than 50 m (~ 165 feet) from the device. Also make sure the mobile app is closed.
8. BATTERY REPLACEMENT
- Remove Monimoto from your vehicle by releasing zip ties.
- Remove the old CR123A batteries from the battery pocket.
- Wait for 1 minute. Otherwise you will not get fresh battery info on spot.
- Position the new batteries and insert them into the battery pocket based on the positive/negative terminals as indicated on the main board of Monimoto.
- Place it back into the installation location of your vehicle.
- Test Monimoto by following the instructions provided in Testing Monimoto.
KEY FOB v3 model
9. RESTORING DEFAULT PARAMETERS
- Ensure the batteries are inserted into your Monimoto.
- Push and hold the reset button for 3 seconds.
- You will see a few red LED blinks and as a result you will see one long green LED 3 seconds blink.
10. LED INDICATIONS
|LED indication || Description|
|Short Red flash every 2 sec||Device is operating in Alarm wake-up mode and searching for KEY FOB|
Short Red first then Green LED
flashes every 2 sec
|Searching for mobile network|
|Red LED flashes as heartbeat every 2 sec||Successfully registered in the mobile network|
|Red flash every 1 sec|
App is connected via Bluetooth
Few short Red blinks and one long Green flash once batteries
|Device is in factory settings |
Red/Green simultaneously flashes every 5 sec
|Device is in firmware update DFU mode|
Either OFF or one long flash every 1 second just
after you insert batteries
| Battery low|
11. UPDATING FIRMWARE
If a new firmware is available, you will see it once you connect to Monimoto with the app via Bluetooth by pressing Connect from the settings menu.
12. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Batteries ||MONIMOTO: 3V Lithium 1400mAh CR123A (2 batteries)|
KEY FOB v3: 3V Lithium CR2450 (1 battery)
|Battery operation time ||MONIMOTO: up to 12 months*|
KEY FOB v3: up to 36 months*
|GSM modem frequency||900/1800MHz (Europe), |
|Bluetooth version and|
| v4.1; 2.4GHz|
|A-GPS lock time (satellite discovery time)||Hot start: <2 sec (open sky)|
Cold start: <45 sec (open sky)
|Dust and water resistance rating||Monimoto: IP65|
Monimoto KEY FOB v3: IP65
|Range of operating temperatures|| -15… +55°C (-4… 131°F)|
*The operation time might vary in different conditions.
13. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The following terms and conditions govern use of the MONIMOTO device and contains important
information on limitations regarding the product’s use and function, as well as information on the
limitations of the manufacturer’s liability. Please carefully read these terms and conditions for
download, installation, display and use of the mobile application (“Application”) before you download,
install, display or use the Application.
In order to ensure continuous and proper operation of the MONIMOTO device and uninterrupted
service, it is the responsibility of the User to make sure that: (i) the product is properly installed, and (ii)
there is constant internet or GSM connection and electrical supply (low battery must be replaced in
If you experience difficulty during the installation or subsequent use of the system, you may contact
“Monimoto, UAB” distributor or dealer in your country/region. For more information see monimoto.com
Please read and follow these safety guidelines in order to maintain safety of operators and people
- DO NOT use the system where it can cause potential danger and interfere with other devices – such as medical devices.
- DO NOT use the system in hazardous environment.
- DO NOT expose the system to high humidity, chemical environment or mechanical impact.
- DO NOT attempt to repair the system yourself – any repairs must be carried out by fully qualified personnel only.
- DO NOT try to disassemble Monimoto.
- NEVER install or carry out maintenance during stormy weather.
- To switch the system off, remove one of the batteries.
- Keep new or used CR2450, CR123A batteries (ones that are used in Monimoto or KEY FOB) out of reach of children. If a battery is swallowed, it can lead to serious burns resulting in internal bleeding or death.
- Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type.
Monimoto will use mobile data if it is enabled on your SIM card. This is to improve accuracy and speed
of location tracking and SMS text message services. Please note that extra charges may apply
depending on your plan and 2G/3G service provider!
To obtain warranty service, you may return a defective system to your original point of purchase, or the
authorized “Monimoto UAB” dealer or the distributor from which you purchased the MONIMOTO
product. In order to request warranty service, the purchaser is required to provide proof of purchase.
“Monimoto UAB” warrants this system only to the original purchaser and only in case of defective
workmanship and materials under normal use of the system for a period of twenty four (24) months
from the date of shipment by the “Monimoto UAB” (Warranty Period). Warranty obligations do not
cover expandable materials (power elements and/or batteries), holders and enclosures. The warranty
remains valid only if the system is used as intended, following all guidelines outlined in this manual and in accordance with the operating conditions specified. The warranty is void if the system has been
disassembled or exposed to mechanical impact, chemicals, high humidity, fluids, corrosive and
hazardous environments or force majeure factors.
If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its own
discretion, “Monimoto UAB” will either (a) repair a hardware defect at no charge, using new or
refurbished replacement parts, or (b) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has
been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the
original product, or (c) refund the purchase price of the product.
The buyer must agree that the system will reduce the risk theft, burglary or other dangers but does not
provide guarantee against such events. “Monimoto UAB” will not assume any responsibility regarding
personal or property, or revenue loss while using the system. “Monimoto UAB” is not affiliated with any
of the Internet providers, therefore, it shall not responsible for the quality of Internet service.
“Monimoto UAB” shall also assume no liability due to direct or indirect damage or loss, as well as
unreceived income when using the system, including cases, when the damages arise due to the above
mentioned risks, when due to breakdown or malfunction the user is not informed in a timely manner
about a risk which has arisen. In any case, the liability of “Monimoto UAB”, as much as it is allowed by
the laws in force, shall not exceed the price of acquisition of the product.
CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS
FOR CONSUMERS WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR
REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF
RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL
RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND
REGULATIONS. This warranty grants upon you specific legal rights, and you may also have other
rights that vary by country, state or province.
DISPOSAL AND RECYCLING INFORMATION
The WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) symbol on this product (see left) means it
must not be disposed of in household waste. To prevent possible harm to human health and/or the
environment, you must dispose of this product in an approved and environmentally safe recycling
facility. For further information contact your system supplier, or your local waste authority.
Dispose of used batteries according to the instructions.
It is strictly forbidden to copy and distribute the information contained in this document or to pass
thereof to a third party without an a priori written authorization obtained from “Monimoto UAB”.
“Monimoto UAB” reserves the right to update or modify this document and/or related products without
an a priori warning. “Monimoto UAB” hereby declares that smart alarm for motorcycles MONIMOTO is
in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of the RED Directive
2014/53/EU . The declaration of conformity is available at monimoto.com.
User Guide v3.00 Copyright © “Monimoto UAB”, 2020. All rights reserved.