To get a good understanding of how the system works - please test it thoroughly after setup, as explained in these instructions:
- Make sure the KEY is at least 100 meters (330 feet) away form the main unit in an open area.
- Switch off the Bluetooth on your phone. (If you leave it ON, you can accidentally Disarm the device because the mobile app tends to connect via Bluetooth. With app connected via Bluetooth, you will never trigger the Alarm or get location notifications).
- Take your Monimoto-equipped vehicle for a test drive. Or simply shake/move your bike for at least 8 seconds.
- In approx. 1 minute you will receive a call from Monimoto device. Soon after the call - push notification should arrive to the Monimoto app.
- Location info will arrive within 5 minutes.
- Open the app and check whether it is showing the precise GPS or approximate GSM location.
- If you got the precise GPS location - Congratulations, your vehicle is now safe!
- In case you received an approximate location, please re-install your Monimoto in a different spot inside of your vehicle. The best satellite signal reception is achieved when the GPS antenna is pointing upwards, or to the side. Never install the Monimoto device with the GPS antenna pointing to the ground!
- Repeat the test drive until you get the precise GPS location.
Watch this video showing how to perform the initial testing to ensure the device is working properly:
Note: you will not receive Push notifications while the Monimoto mobile app is kept open.