When you go through the setup wizard in the app - you should see "Choose Your Monimoto" tab. You should see your the serial number of your device, as shown on the label. Tap the red + sign and let the device do the rest.
Double check if the batteries are inserted and that the plastic pull tab is removed. If you do not see your Monimoto device on list, tap rescan. If needed, perform that several times. If you see an error message at the bottom, the first thing to do is to restart the Bluetooth on your phone (switch it off and back on), and try to pair again. Some phone models, especially the ones with 6.0.1 Android version, require multiple attempts to connect.
Additionally, if you do not see the device to in the "Choose Your Monimoto" tab, try to clean cache and data:
1. Open Settings menu in your phone. Tap the cog icon in your notification shade.
2. Find Monimoto App in the menu, then locate the app.
3. Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache. Try pairing again as freshly installed app.
If you are still stuck, try this sequence:
1. Switch off the Bluetooth on your phone or try to restart your phone.
2. Reset the Monimoto to its default parameters as shown here.
Pay attention if you see long LED flash, as shown in the video.
3. Switch on Bluetooth.
4. Go through the app wizard till you see "Choose Your Monimoto" tab.
Video of how to pair your device can be found here.
When you go through the setup wizard in the app - Bluetooth pairing request should pop up.
If it doesn't - you need to turn your Bluetooth OFF, wait for at least 5 seconds, and turn it back ON. Try this a couple of times if the first time doesn't resolve the issue.
How to turn Bluetooth off:
This issue has been observed on iPhone 4, 4s, 5 and 5s.
In most other cases, you will receive an error message explaining what is wrong. Search for information in our help center to find more details about the error or contact us for help.